CASDT mission is to collaboratively bring together the best practices encompassing service dog training standards and methods within Canada.
1. To foster the growth and development of a Canadian-based and managed professional service dog trainers’ organization that in turn will work with end users of service dogs, directly related stakeholders and organizations, and governmental regulators of service dogs, in order to enhance public access for service dogs, and ensure the production of service dogs of the highest quality within Canada
2. To work with members of the Association to develop an internal code of ethics, and create Quality Assurance Benchmarks and Best Practices for the training and delivery of service dogs, and related guidelines
3. To support independent research initiatives, conduct public forums and trade shows, produce Media releases, and interact with governmental regulators, each with the collective goal of improving the public acceptance for service dogs within Canada
4. To produce and circulate internal information relevant to the collective mission of the members within the Association
5. To foster a sense of unity and common purpose within the Canadian service dog community
6. The Association will operate on an exclusively not-for-profit basis